Saturday, May 8, 2010

chihuahuas do not like black olives

Sometimes when I get sick I forget to feed myself. One of the perks of living at home again is that my mom feeds me when I'm unable. I have my annual Finals Week cold and my mom brought me home a pita for lunch.

Pita Pit makes a really tasty gyro pita and I like to get it piled with spinach, cucumbers, sprouts, tomatoes, black olives, and feta. I was half-asleep while eating my delicious pita and my throat was so sore, I couldn't finish it. I wrapped the partially eaten pita back in its wrapper and abandoned it on my nightstand. I tend to be sloppy when I'm sick.

I left for a few hours and returned home to find a pile of black olives on my bedroom floor, one half-eaten cucumber slice, and an empty Pita Pit wrapper. I knew exactly who ate the pita when I looked at my chihuahua, Carmella, writhing around on the floor and wagging her tail. "Please forgive me, please forgive me," she seemed to say.

I'm more interested in the fact that she abandoned the black olives, but ate everything else. Most dogs would just house the whole thing without batting an eye. But my chihuahua picked out every single black olive.

How can I be mad at her?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home