Saturday, July 31, 2010

products i love: back to school

Sigh. Today is the last day of July, which means the end of summer vacation is near. One thing I have always enjoyed about the end of summer is buying brand new school supplies. Sharp pencils, fresh markers, crisp notebooks. Here are some of my favorite supplies.



Moleskine Soft Cover Weekly Planner + Notebook
This is the best planner out there. It's plain, but functional. The format is handy, with each week on its own page and a ruled notebook page opposite. Great for making to-do lists or reminders. I like how you can personalize and make it your own. It's sturdy and durable, the perfect size to slip into a purse or bag.
Purchase here: Moleskine Planners


Papermate Clear Point Mechanical Pencils
These are my favorite mechanical pencils. They are a bit chunky and fit nicely in your hand. The clicking mechanism is at the bottom and the eraser can be twisted to reveal more.
Purchase here: Paper Mate Clear Point 0.5mm Mechanical Pencil Starter Set
 
Staedtler Triplus Fineliners
These are great pens with great colors. They write smoothly and effortlessly. I use them to doodle in my planner, but they are excellent for color coding your notes. They have a very fine felt tip and if you happen to leave the cap off, they won't dry out. Added bonus: they come in a useful plastic case.
Purchase here: Staedtler Triplus Fineliners

Pilot Dr. Grip Gel Pen
This is my number one choice in pen. The fineliners are great, but I'll use my Dr. Grip Gel as my go-to writing utensil. I like chunky pens and this one is, with a jelly grip. It's heavy and writes very smoothly. You can also buy refills for the pen.
Purchase here: Pilot Dr. Grip Gel Ink Rolling Ball Pens

Stabilo Swing Cool Highlighters
These are the best highlighters in vibrant colors. They dry very quickly and aren't likely to smudge. They have an unusual rectangular shape.
Purchase here: Stabilo Swing Cool Highlighters
 

 Moleskine Cahiers
I use these notebooks in place of your average ruled notebook. They are sturdy and small. You can purchase them with ruled paper, squared paper, or plain. The squared paper is kind of fun, but I prefer the ruled. They come in sets of three in three different sizes. I recommend the large or extra-large.
Purchase here: Moleskine Cahiers

 Bic Ecolutions Wite-Out Tape
This stuff is great. I will never use liquid Wite-Out again. It's made from recycled materials and comes with a cap that will snap on the end during use. The size is conveniently small. The type glides on smoothly and is easy to write over.
Purchase here: Bic Ecolutions Wite-Out Tape

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At August 1, 2010 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I was here!

Unique Eutopia at swapbot

 
At August 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Zoë said...

can never have too many moleskins or pens!


strandedhero @ swapbot

 
At August 1, 2010 at 4:45 PM , Blogger LADYHIGHTOWER said...

I just love the feel of moleskin! So soft! LADYHIGHTOWER Swap-Bot Blog Me, Baby!

 
At August 1, 2010 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors said...

cool sstuff. i found that moleskin is not tough enough for watercolors. i found another little book the same size that works better made by Global Art Materila,s and it's called "trav.e.log hand.book"

this is mimitabby from swap bot.

 
At August 1, 2010 at 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, 2 of my favorite things .... Dr. Grips & Moleskins! :)

(rumblegirl from S-B)

 
At August 2, 2010 at 10:04 PM , Blogger the happy honeybee said...

I LOVE office supplies almost as much as I love craft supplies. Moleskins are amazing, how did we ever live without them? And so glad that white out tape is back! Thanks for spotlighting your faves.

Mimi
(thehappyhoneybee on SB)

 
At August 3, 2010 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Those are some of my favourite things too - but I always stop myself buying them otherwise I'd have a whole room full of them - I really like the coloured fine liners.

I found your blog via the swapbot blog swap - I'm looking forward to following your blog

Carrie (kiwifruit83 on swapbot)

 
At August 8, 2010 at 3:47 PM , Blogger April said...

oh, you made me miss college, I graduated in 2003 and still miss it a bit :)

april-rainbowafterrain81 blog me, baby swap

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home