Tuesday, August 10, 2010

emilio's tapas, part two

We couldn't resist going to Emilio's for dinner a second night in Chicago. This time we ordered four different tapas to share, and dessert. We also got a bottle of white wine, but I skipped the sangria this time.

The first tapas we tried was a daily special and I wasn't able to find it on their website. It was mussels cooked in a white wine broth with garlic and herbs. It's very similar to the moules mariniere
I fell in love with in Belgium. The mussels were cooked perfectly and the broth was delicious soaked up with bread.


After the mussels, we had another daily special, a salad of romaine hearts with smoked salmon, capers, and a creamy dill dressing. It was very good, but probably my least favorite dish of the night. My dad attacked it before I got a chance to get a good picture.


The third tapas was Canelon frio de atun. This was a cold tapas--cannelloni stuffed with tuna, asparagus, and tomatoes with a creamy vinaigrette and crumbled eggs on top. It was like a very flavorful tuna salad, and was my favorite dish of the night.




Our last tapas was another special. Similar to the tuna cannelloni, this was a hot cannelloni filled with spinach, bacon, and cheese. It came with a rich tomato sauce. Once again, a very good dish. My dad really likes bacon, so I didn't get very much of it.




To end dinner, I ordered profiteroles stuffed with vanilla ice cream and bittersweet chocolate sauce. Yum!



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home