Friday, August 27, 2010

i think i was born a couple decades too late

Sometimes I think I was born a couple decades too late. Either that or I was an old French lady in a former life. I love antiques, old movies, the domestic arts, vintage, etc. I also have a fondness for oldies music, everything from the 40's to the 70's. I would even venture to say I enjoy oldies more than I enjoy current music. Here are some of my current favorite songs:

She's Not There - The Zombies
Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
Where Do You Do To My Lovely - Peter Sarstedt
The Wind - Cat Stevens
If You Wanna Be Happy - Jimmy Soul
La Vie En Rose - Edith Piaff
Something - The Beatles
In The Still Of The Night - The Five Satins
I Am A Rock - Simon & Garfunkel
Oh Yoko - John Lennon
Play With Fire - The Rolling Stones
A Day In The Life - The Beatles
Don't Sleep In The Subway - Petula Clark
A Summer Song - Chad & Jeremy
Que Sera Sera - Doris Day
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - The Andrews Sisters
Everyday - Buddy Holly
Maybellene - Chuck Berry
Fever - Peggy Lee
All Shook Up - Elvis Presley

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 28, 2010 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Canyon Girl said...

I just read a book about former lives you might enjoy... the writing isn't excellent and there are plot holes, but still better than Twilight! It's called My Name is Memory, by Ann Brashares. (Yes, she wrote the sisterhood/pants books.)

I think we were both born into the wrong era... I think I would have rocked in the 80s if I were a teenager back then. When I watch Molly Ringwald movies I think, "hell yeah, neon purple jumper with neon green tank under it! Bring on the spandex!"

You were probably a friend of Julia Child in your former life. It would explain the French obsession and the cooking obsession...

 
At August 30, 2010 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Haha, I could totally see you livin' it up in the 80's. I'll have to check out that book. I'm not ashamed to admit I liked the sisterhood books and own all of them...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home