Monday, May 17, 2010

products I love: bath & beauty

These are some of my very favorite bath and beauty products. Unfortunately, some tend to be on the pricier side. In general, I tend to believe that you get what you pay for. For that reason, I haven't been able to purchase most of these in the past year since I've been living on my own. You make sacrifices. But now that I'm back at home, hopefully I can start building up my arsenal again.

I whole-heartedly recommend each of these products. They have all been wonderful to me in numerous ways.

E.L.F. Cosmetic Brushes
E.L.F. is a "dollar store" make-up retailer. I haven't tried any of their cosmetics, but awhile ago, I bought their 12-piece brushes set per InStyle's recommendation. How could I refuse? $12 for an entire brush set? The brushes are decent and durable, with soft bristles. They aren't professional brushes by any means, but comparable to ones you buy at drugstores and for a WHOLE lot cheaper. They've held up for me, but even if they didn't, they cost $1 each!


Tarte Cheek Stain
I found Tarte's Cheek Stains while on the search for the perfect blush. I tried powder blush and cream blush, but found that Tarte's unique water-based gel worked best for me. They are oil-free and contain only natural ingredients. A great product for those who wish to use eco-friendly products! They smell great, glide on smoothly, and blend like a dream. The application is very easy, much better than using a brush & powder. They are pricey ($30), but will last a long time. All the colors are natural and give you a dewy, young appearance.


Oil Of Olay Complete Ageless Rejuvenating Lathering Cleanser
I've found that for my skin cream or bar cleansers work best. I use this everyday to wash and exfoliate. It has a fine grain that cleans my pores really well without rubbing my skin raw. The cream cleanser doesn't dry my skin and it has a light, pleasant scent. I'm trying to move away from using face washes with salicylic acid, since I use a toner and blemish lotion as well.


Cargo Plant Love Lipstick
This lipstick is fantastic and a great gift for your eco-friendly friends! The packaging is completely biodegradable. The tube is made from corn and the box is made from recycled paper and dotted with flower seeds so you can plant it in your garden! I have the color Killarney, which is a light, shimmery coral pink. It looks great layered under my YSL gloss. Even better, they are on sale at Sephora for only $5! I paid $30 when it first came out...



Guerlain Angelique Noire
This perfume was originally made just for sale at Guerlain's Champs-Elysees store in Paris. We all know how I love all things French! My dad brought this home for me when he was on a business trip to Paris, but it's now available anywhere you can buy Guerlain. It has a spicy, slightly musky, vanilla scent. It's a very mature and sophisticated scent, but not grandma-ish or outdated. This is my very special perfume and I only wear it for special occasions. It's not much of a daytime perfume, it's definitely one for the nightlife.


Ralph by Ralph Lauren
This maybe a "younger" perfume, but I love it anyway. It's such a pleasant, light scent that sticks with you all day. I wore it all through high school, but I still love it.


Neutrogena SkinClearing Makeup
This is a great foundation, especially for those who have acne-prone skin. It does have salicylic acid, but it's not drying at all. It gives more of a sheer coverage, which I favor for a more natural look. It's oil-free and doesn't clog my pores, even on those nights when I forget to wash my face. I wouldn't say it's necessarily "skin clearing", but it doesn't cause breakouts.


CND SolarOil
If you buy any product for your nails, make it this one! It's great for dry cuticles and brittle nails. But even better, if you apply it to an ingrown nail (which I seem to get a lot), this stuff will clear it up in a day or two! It has a nice almond smell and soaks right into your skin and nails. I try and use this once a day at least!


Bath & Body Works Shower Gel in Dancing Waters
I'm not going to lie, I still enjoy Bath & Body Works. This is my go-to shower gel. I love the scent, it's a real fresh, clean one. The formula is basic, but it doesn't seem to dry my skin or irritate it.

Link

Bumble and bumble Tonic Lotion
This is the BEST hair product I have ever owned. It moisturizes your scalp without causing buildup or grease in your hair. It detangles, nourishes, and smooths your hair. It's full of great vitamins and tea tree oil. The best thing is the minty, herby scent. When you spray it on your scalp, it tingles so you can tell it really works. If you have tendency towards dandruff or buildup, get this stuff!


Yves Saint Laurent Lip Twins
As previously stated, I love all things French. I got this on my first trip to France in the airport's duty-free shop. I had a handful of euros left that I didn't want to exchange back into dollars. I purchased this because it was YSL, pretty and gimmicky (I love gimmicks). It comes with two lip products, a shimmery gloss and a satiny lipstick, in coordinating shades. You twist the tube to rotate through the two colors and a mirror. The logo on top pulls out to reveal a handy lip brush. The scents are great, the formulas creamy and smooth. I love this stuff so much!


Aveda Rosemary Mint Hand Soap & Body Wash
This stuff smells so amazingly delicious and leaves your hands so soft. Buy this stuff at once!


OPI Nail Lacquer in Lucky Lucky Lavender
OPI is my favorite brand of nail polish, and they have SO many great colors, but I love this one from the new Hong Kong line. It's flattering on fair-skinned girls, like myself. It's a great spring/summer shade.


Dior DiorShow Mascara
This is a very trendy mascara right now, but for good reason! It has the best brush and gives you dramatic, glamorous lashes. It has a very nice formula and even smells somewhat good. Since when does mascara smell good? It is expensive, but worth every penny.


Bumble and bumble Seaweed Shampoo & Conditioner
This is the best shampoo I've ever used! It's a great everyday shampoo, causing no buildup. It keeps your hair shiny, soft, and moisturized. It contains seaweed, kelp, and spirulina. It is best for those with fine or normal hair. I wouldn't recommend it for extremely thick, curly hair as it is a very mild formula. It doesn't have an extremely "wow" scent, but has a decent, light cucumber-type smell. It cleans your hair extremely well.


Smith's Rosebud Salve
This product has a huge cult following. The rose scent may be unpleasant for some, but I love it! It's also available in a strawberry scent for those who prefer fruits to florals. This stuff is a great lip balm, and also handy for dry cuticles and skin irritations. It's not sticky or waxy, but smooth and glossy. I absolutely LOVE the vintage tin. It's a decent size and will last you for awhile.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home