Sunday, May 9, 2010

some favorite vacation photos

I love these mermaid fountains at the Place de la Concorde. The spot is infamous for being the place where Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette were guillotined.

This is my favorite photo from my trip to Paris. It's from the gardens of the Musee Rodin. The gold dome is the Invalides, where Napoleon is buried.

I got lost in Montmartre one day (not hard to do) and stumbled upon this. It is Paris's only vineyard.

My camera doesn't take very good nighttime photographs, but I loved how this one turned out. The Eiffel Tower is really an eyesore during the day, but the night changes everything.

The Notre Dame gives you many great photo opportunities. These are prayer candles inside the cathedral. They are everywhere and it makes the interior just as enchanting as the exterior.

What an amazing city.

If you are ever in Paris, taking the Notre Dame's gargoyle tour is a must. Yeah, the ancient, crumbling steps to the top really start to suck after awhile (there are over 400 of them), but once you get up there, it's so worth. You can see the whole city.

Every Thanksgiving my Dad takes us the Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater and every year it continues to wow me. It's definitely something everyone should see in their lifetime.

The Sacre Coeur is my favorite landmark in Paris. Everything about Montmartre is wonderful...

Walking up those God awful steps to Montmartre. They may not look bad in this photo, but just get a glimpse of my face and you'll understand.

What's a vacation without taking cheesy tourist photos? This is at the Louvre in Paris.

I found this great fountain in an alley behind an art studio in Laguna Beach, CA.

I love food. This was a delicious peach melba at a quaint cafe in Montmartre. Yum.

Despite the fact that this is an incredibly creepy photo of myself, I like it. It's somewhere in the Belgian countryside at a farm where they produce honey and beeswax. It makes me look brave.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home